Island Mystery: Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin


{Island Mystery is a series in which I give you clues about the mysterious island paradise that I am living on.}

On this island, there is no special season for pumpkin. You will be able to find it at the farmers' market anytime of year. And a lot of islanders have pumpkin vines running somewhere in their yard. 


Pumpkin pie is not a common thing here. We use pumpkins mostly for making smoothies, soups and it is sliced big and boiled just like yam eaten and as a side dish too.

Pumpkin Rice is also a popular dish here.

Oh! We don't have pumpkins with orange skins here. If we do, I have never happened upon it. Our pumpkins have green skin with patches of white (sometimes).

I have some vines growing right now in my yard☺

Happy Friday♥

Love,
Summer

6 comments

  1. Interesting and fun...now I'm not sure at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Would you share a recipe for Pumpkin rice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Summer! Returning your visit to my blog and how fun that I did. Love the mystery of your blog. What a fun, mysterious, way to share your little piece of paradise with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had pumpkin for the first time when I came to Australia... I love pumpkin soup, and roasted pumpkin, but not so keen on the pumpkin pie my American friend made for me! xx

    ReplyDelete