Island Mystery: Pear Not Avocado


Island Mystery is a series in which I give you clues about the mysterious island paradise that I am living on.

I anticipate pear season every year. You will seldom hear anyone saying avocado here. It is always pear for islanders.

We eat pear with almost everything during pear season. And everyone is usually in a race for it. Even some dogs like beloved dog Pablo (my dog before Charlotte).

We had a huge pear tree in our back yard, and Pablo would grab any pear that fell off the tree before we could. It was a rat race for pears with him.

It is presently pear season here, and I am having a feast!

Do you call avocado pear too?

Love,
Summer

7 comments

  1. Another guess Summer - possibly the Cayman Islands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the Malaysian Islands would be my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love avocado, Summer! I eat it every day when it's in season here in Australia. We have our own young tree too which has many little fruits forming so perhaps we'll have our own avocados soon. I love to eat it on sourdough with salt and pepper or some lemon and I really love it in salads. So healthy and delicious!
    Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a gorgeous heading my friend.
    Love avocados and yes, it is !
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avocados are one of my favourite foods ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete