Island Mystery: Strict School Masters


{Island Mystery is a series in which I give you clues about the mysterious island paradise that I am living on.}

On this island, education is a must for children, and discipline and is a big thing in schools. 

When I was growing up, it was the norm for school masters to be very strict. And schools with strict school masters would have very disciplined students with very good grades. I spent some of my early years in one of those schools.

The school master was so strict that everyone would shiver if we heard that he was coming our way. He had very good intentions, but we little ones back then couldn't see that at the time. I think he enjoyed being feared too! 

Finding a way to get back at our mean school master was on the top of everyone's agenda. And one more thing that was the norm was that school masters usually lived on campus. Even if the school was not for boarding. My school was not a boarding school, and the school master lived on campus all year round with his family.

I was about six years old at the time, and our not so beloved school master was raising chickens. One day, my friends and I found one his hen's nest, filled with eggs. We didn't hesitate to grab as many as possible, and carry them back to class. We were silly enough to hide them between the wall and a desk. And yes, they did get smashed. But we pretended to know nothing of the eggs! Too scared to be punished, but so glad to have made some of our mean school master's eggs go missing☺

Happy Monday!

Love,
Summer
P.S. Thank you all for the sweet birthday wishes♥

Photo Via Pixels.com

16 comments

  1. I am enjoying your clues - still thinking of Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ideas mentioned in the above comments are what I am thinking too - sounds like you had a fun time being naughty at school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed this post. I like learning about different parts of the world. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story Summer, I am enjoying the Island mystery series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where ever you are it is beautiful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm looking forward to the end of this mystery. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no clue, but Barbados sounds like as good a place as any. :)

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this story very much. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The schools sound like the schools in Noumea not that I have lived in Noumea but I have visited there twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Children do the most mischievous things sometimes, yet they are special and beautiful people. I can just see you taking those eggs and hiding them. :)

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete