Island Mystery: Pudding Not Pie



{Island Mystery is a series in which I give you clues about the mysterious island paradise that I am living on.}

On my island, what we call pudding is what most people from other countries would call pie. So islanders are regularly making crustless pies, but we call them pudding. 

Two favourites for most islanders are Sweet Potato Pudding, and Cornmeal Pudding with a coconut cream slush. Bread pudding is another popular one, and sold at most pastry shops.

While growing up, whenever my mother was baking Potato Pudding, she would make me my own little one. Those days were really fun♥

What are your favourite puddings?

Love,
Summer

3 comments

  1. Looks delicious, Summer...so let me get this straight...pie with crust is pudding and a pie without crust is pudding. Is there anything on your island that's called "Pie"? Hmmm...ok...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the only difference here is that pie has a crust - pudding is called pudding and it has no crust. I could eat just about anything that has a crust without a crust and love it still. I think I could do that and save some calories!! My favorite pie is apple pie and I could eat that without a crust - I do that with pumpkin pie a lot - if I have too much filling made I put it in a greased baking dish and bake it - love it that way as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple and pumpkin pies were my favorites I no longer eats sweets since I have to watch my blood sugar. I still bake a pumpkin and pecan pie for my family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. Madeline

    ReplyDelete