Island Mystery: Parrots



{Island Mystery is a series in which I give you clues about the mysterious island paradise that I am living on.}

Parrots were our regular visitors during the adventurous and very humid summery months when I was growing up. A friend told me and my friends that if we caught one, and simply feed it with peppers, the bird would eventually start talking!

We decided to set a trap in a tree, and we did catch a parrot! We fed it for days with peppers, but it just didn't speak. So we let the little guy free, and caught another one. We repeated the process about seven times (new parrot each time), and got the same result. Many days passed that summer before we realized it was a just myth that most islanders believed!

We have many beautiful parrots here, but only some have a high propensity for mimicking and using human speech☺

I still hope to have a talking parrot one day though!

Happy Wednesday♥

Love,
Summer

7 comments

  1. Parrots are great and I wish I had one. Interesting with the ones around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful species, how wonderful they live local to you. An Island paradise indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and interesting post. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching parrots...very impressive...even if they never talked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had several parrots as pets. Only one ever talked clearly enough to understand every word.

    One was a great mimic of sounds though.

    ReplyDelete