Island Mystery: Green Plantain Porridge


{Island Mystery is a series in which I give you clues about the mysterious island paradise that I am living on.}
Plantain porridge has always been one of my favourite meals. Plantains grow in abundance here, they are nice too cook with, and I am a porridge lover. 

Ingredients
1 large green plantain (peeled and sliced crosswise)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Pinch of salt
2 cups water 

Method
Put water to boil on low fire, while blending plantain and milk. Add plantain and milk mixture to boiling water while stirring to combine properly, and prevent lumping. Add cinnamon and salt and let cook for 10- 15 minutes. Sweeten to taste with sugar, and let cool before indulging.

You will love it if you try it♥

Love,
Summer

8 comments

  1. Thanks for this yummy recipe!
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Jamaica? Is this where your mystery island is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamaica sprang to mind when you mentioned plaintain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...I pick Jamaica too...love the plantain porridge...a new recipe for me...sounds easy and tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamaica was my guess too. My husband and I lived on a beautiful tropical island for 6 months, Nevis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that plantain porridge does indeed look delightful! Is it a bit like banana pudding? Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Someday we will find out which island you are on! What fun in the meanwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a banana? :) Are you in the Dominican Republic? ( Son dated a girl from there for a few years and visited there for 'thanksgiving' one year and Plantains were a major part of the menu which I took to be similar to our bananas :)

    ReplyDelete