A September Reading List


Back in August, I asked for book recommendations. And I was so surprised to see the many recommendations I got from the wonderful ladies who read this blog.

Thank you so very much ♥

So I thought that I would share the recommendations in a post!

I think it may be handy not just for me alone♥  Here is what they said...

Jeanie 
"I love mysteries so I am into my Bryant and May, Maisie Dobbs and now Inspector Gamache series (Christopher Fowler, Jacqueline Winspear and Louise Penny). I read my first Ann Patchett, "Bel Canto," this summer and adored it. If you like big historical novels, I recommend Edward Rutherfurd's "Paris." Other favorites I've read this year are Mitch Albom's "The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto," the wonderful "Little Paris Bookshop" by Nina George and "Gardens of Awe and Folly" by one of my favorite bloggers, Vivian Swift. Have fun!"
Kathy 
I am reading the latest Harry Potter book right now. It's a fast read."
The French Hutch
 "We have been having a lot of rain so when the showers start I pick up Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil, a favorite book!"
Patti 
"I'm about to read the new Harry Potter book too. My sister bought it for her son but when I was reading the series to my kids I ended up really liking them too and taking the books back to my reading to read on."
Kit 
"I have been trying to read some of the old classics that I somehow missed when I was younger: Treasure Island, Vanity Fair, etc. A great book is Leave her to Heaven. And I will read anything by Jane Austen."
Lorrie 
 "I'm looking forward to reading the newest Louise Penny mystery that comes out on August 30. "
Cindy 
"The latest book I read while at the beach was called Deception on Sable Hill. It is a Christian fiction. It was really good."
Judy
I am in the middle of Sweet Tomorrows, by Debbie Macomber. Set in Cabot Cove at a bed and breakfast. I choose my books by what the cover looks like. Anything with a cottage on it is first choice!!"
Jenn
  "I am reading a fun little mystery by M.C. Beaton because it is set in the Costwolds, where we just visited, so it is kind of like visiting again."

More will be posted next week☺

Have you read any of these? Do you have any books you would recommend?

Thoughts?

Have a lovely day♥

Love,
Summer

4 comments

  1. I am an avid reader and have tons of books I could recommend. But I saw Lorrie's and Jeanie's comments on Louise Penny. Her mystery series (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache) is absolutely riveting--great stories, fascinating quirky characters, gorgeous scenery. I'm looking forward to her new book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will read anything by Louis L'Amour as I am a huge Western fan.
    Also, if you love English murder mysteries, try Dorothy Sayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to have new book recommendations! I've read a few of the Agatha Raisin mysteries by M C Beaton - the ones set in the Cotswolds - and they're good fun. You certainly have plenty on the list to inspire you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear -- I just added a bunch of new titles to my list. The MC Beaton sounds great!

    ReplyDelete